Eileen Zanto is a Colorado native who attended Lutheran Day School in Golden for her K-8 education. To prepare for her mission of teaching, Eileen then attended and graduated from Martin Luther College in New Ulm, Minnesota. Eileen finished her education when she graduated from Metropolitan State College of Denver in 1974 with a degree in teaching.
While she was in college, Eileen was blessed to meet and marry her husband, Denis Zanto, in 1971. From that loving union came three sons: Andrew (1972), Aaron (1974) and Abraham (1976). Dennis and Eileen’s sons, who now reside in Alaska, California and Minnesota, have blessed them with 10 grandchildren who they travel to see as much as possible.
In October of 2000, Eileen was called by the Colorado Mission Board to begin serving as the outreach coordinator for what was then called WELS Denver Urban Outreach, and what would later become Christ Lutheran Church (CLC). At that time, she was also serving at Zion Lutheran School as a kindergarten teacher, which she continued until she began serving at CLC full time in the summer of 2004.
- Music Director (worship services, adult vocal choir, hand chime choir, children’s Christmas service, and sing-alongs)
- Sunday School Director (Kids’ Bible Hour; curriculum planning; teacher selection & scheduling)
- Summer Family Bible Camp Director
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
- Transportation Coordinator
- Church Attendance and Member Support
I absolutely love what I do at Christ Lutheran Church and am truly humbled by the multitude of opportunities given me as a called worker at the Church to share the love of Jesus ~ Eileen Zanto